Due to the increasing demand for gimbals by people of all walks of life, because of the stress free attribute which allows you to document your experiences, shoot stable vides and capture great moments most especially on adventures like mountain biking. There is increase in gimbal users every day and with it a higher demand and lots of questions by new users and old users alike. I have compiled a list of frequently asked questions about gimbals and mountain biking and tried to offer answers to such questions, these are some of the frequently asked questions:
- What gimbal should I get on my mountain biking trip? This is one of the most frequently asked questions about gimbals and mountain biking. In choosing a gimbal to buy for your mountain biking trip, there are certain things you should consider; the battery life, payload, portability, features and the cost. As regards the battery life, the Shayon Crane 2 is the best option for you because it offers 18hours of battery life on a full charge, this will last long on your mountain biking trip. The Zhiyun Crane plus gets a high point on the portability side because it is very lightweight.
- What do I do when my gimbal stabilizer is vibrating on my trip: When this happens, check and adjust the balance of your camera’s center of mass, the pitch axis, height roll and yaw axes. There is a big probability that your camera is not well placed on the pitch, so go ahead and readjust it, then you are good to go.
- What do I do when my stabilizer is tilting from left to right and then turning off: This happens when your gimbal is not well oriented, remove your camera and then reorient the gimbal before reattaching your camera?
- Can I hold a gimbal stabilizer in my hand? Yes you can, there are gimbals specifically designed to be handheld, most smartphone gimbals are handheld. There are ranges you can pick from according to your need: Neewer NN-2AG200, Hohem handheld smartphone gimbal,Zhiyun smooth 4 handheld smartphone gimbal are some of the handheld gimbals available to mention a few.
- Can I by a wearable gimbal and attaches a stick later to use? Most gimbals can be attached to a tripod, so when you shop for your gimbal, buy one that has the space for it to be attached to a tripod so you can make use of a tripod later. Some gimbals that can be attached to a tripod include Zhiyun Smooth 3 smartphone gimbal, Hohem handheld smartphone gimbal, Zhiyun smooth 4 handheld gimbal to mention a few on the market.
- What if my stabilizer is not level with the horizon? This happens when you accelerometer is not well calibrated, to solve this, go ahead and recalibrate your accelerometer.
- Can I connect my gimbal to a PC? Yes, you can always connect your gimbal with a PC, all you have to do is download compatible software from the brand of your gimbal, follow the instructions to set up and you are good to go.